Chef Randy Feltis joins us with a simple recipe for savoury chicken piccata. This dish is both full of flavour and cost-effective, so it’s guaranteed to keep your family—and your bank account—very happy.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- parsley chopped
- lemon wedges
- Slice chicken breasts in half crosswise into 4 cutlets and lightly pound each piece between plastic wrap until an even thickness, about 1/4 inch. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Lightly dust with AP flour.
- Heat oil in large cast iron pan and lightly sear for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and rest.
- Add garlic and butter to the skillet and cook, stirring often and reducing heat if needed to keep garlic from scorching, until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine and capers and cook, swirling pan and scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of skillet, until liquid is almost completely evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir lemon juice into sauce; season with salt.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to a platter and top with parsley; serve with lemon wedges.
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation