For the garnish
- Boil the water, season it with salt, pepper and garlic, add a little olive oil then add the chick pea flour whisking vigorously.
- Cook for about 3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Add the broccoli, farro, green onions, sundried tomatoes and season with the Italian spice mix and salt and pepper.
- Mix well and form 8oz. balls, press to form burgers and let them cool.
- Brush with olive oil before placing on the grill. Cook to your liking but just enough to reheat will suffice.
- Mix the peppers, garlic and onions, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with some olive oil, preheat a frying pan and sauté the onions and pepper mix until onions are translucent, sprinkle with the ketchup, remove from the heat and cool before using
- Toast the bun and place the vegetable spread on each side, place a bit of onions and peppers and a mound of shredded lettuce on one side then top with the burger and the bun some mayonnaise and enjoy.
Join the conversation