- Soak the chickpeas in cold water overnight to soften. Before use wash the peas well under running water.
- Sauté the minced celery, carrots, garlic, and onions until translucent. Add the chickpeas and bay leaves and add the water.
- Simmer for 2 ½ hours or until the chickpeas are tender.
- Season to taste, add the chard and cook for another 30 minutes
- Serve with a good dousing of olive oil, grated pecorino and croutons.
Transform this soup into a great Thai inspired curry coconut soup or use as a base for a tasty Moroccan style Chicken tajine.
Join the conversation