3 hours cooling
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven
to 350°F (180°C).
- Generously butter and flour a 10- to 12-cup (2.5 to 3 litre) Bundt pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut milk, lime juice and vanilla.
- In a third bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until the mixture is smooth between each addition. With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients, alternating with the coconut milk mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes. Unmould the cake onto a wire rack and let cool completely, about 3 hours.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate. Sift enough icing sugar directly over the top of the cake to completely cover it. Place the fruit in the centre of the cake and serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Join the conversation