- 454 g Stefano Farfalle Pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs Butternut squash Cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb Tuscan kale Center rib removed
- 1/3 cup Hazelnuts Roasted
- 2 large cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon Juice and zest
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Finely grated, plus more for serving
- Hazelnuts Grated for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combine butternut squash, 3 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss until well coated. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, roast the butternut squash until tender and golden brown.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for both the kale and pasta. Cook only the kale first for 1 minute, until tender. Using tongs, transfer kale to an ice water bath.
- Squeeze all of the excess moisture out of the kale. Roughly chop and add to a food processor. – Vitamix
- Add hazelnuts, garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest and process the mixture while streaming in olive oil, stopping before it becomes a smooth puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Before draining, reserve about 1 cup of the starchy pasta cooking water.
- Off the heat, combine the drained pasta with the kale pesto and toss to coat evenly. Add reserved pasta cooking water as necessary.
- Toss with roasted butternut squash and cheese.
- Serve topped with more cheese and toasted hazelnuts grated on a rasp over the pasta.
All of our product suggestions are independently researched and sourced by Cityline. However, if you purchase something through cityline.tv, we may earn commission. Thanks for visiting us!
Join the conversation