In the morning: Put the flank steak in the large re-sealable plastic bag with the marinade. Seal and put it back into the refrigerator for 2-6 hours.
- Heat your grill to high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and gently shake off the excess marinade from the steak.
- Sprinkle generously on all sides with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper for a salty crust on the steak.
- Place steak on grill or grill pan and grill for a minute or two on each side to get a good crust. Turn down to medium heat and cook a few minutes more on each side to your desired doneness. Pull the steak off the grill at 120 to 125°F for rare, 130-140°F for medium rare, and 145°F for medium.
- Rest the steak: When the steak has cooked to your preferred level of doneness, remove it from the grill and place on a heat-safe cutting board. Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Cook the vegetables while the meat is resting: Add oil to the pan, then add onions and peppers. Let the vegetables cook until they are softened, about 5-6 minutes total.
- Slice the flank steak: On a plastic cutting board, slice the flank steak using a long serrated bread knife or any long sharp knife.
- Serve immediately with shredded cheese, salsa, shredded iceberg lettuce, sour cream, guacamole and warm flour tortillas.
HINT : Warming Tortillas – put in microwave with a paper towel covering them for 20 seconds on high heat.
Join the conversation