- 5 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1 ½ cups kale finely chopped
- 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 can navy beans rinsed and drained very well
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained very well
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon broth in medium soup pot. Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add broth and rest of ingredients, except beans and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil on high heat, reduce heat to low and continue cooking, uncovered for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add beans, cook for another couple minutes, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Photo by Roberto Caruso
Join the conversation