- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the zucchini is tender and any liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add all but 2 tablespoons of the cheese to the pasta. Add the reserved cooking water, salt and pepper. Stir until creamy.
- Add the zucchini, lemon zest, and remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Lightly mix and serve topped with roasted hazelnuts!
Join the conversation