- ½ cup of butter
- 2 whole chicken broken down to (drumsticks, thighs, breasts cut in two)
- 1 cup yellow onion julienne
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped fine
- 1 cup of diced roma tomatoes
- 1 cup of diced bell pepper
- 4 tbsp of Hungarian sweet paprika
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of 35% cream
- ½ cup of flour
- Melt the butter in a large casserole dish over medium to high heat. Add in the chicken and brown on all sides. Then remove the chicken and add in the onions, garlic and sauté until golden brown.
- Next the tomatoes, peppers, paprika and stir for one minute to cook out the spice. Now return the browned chicken with the chicken stock. Make sure there is enough stock to just cover the chicken. Simmer for 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Gently remove the chicken and set aside. In a small bowl mix the sour cream, 35% cream and the flour. Bring the braising stock back to a boil and then slowly whisk in the flour cream mixture. Simmer for two minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper. Serve the cooked chicken on top of cooked pappardelle noodles and cover with the paprikash sauce.
Join the conversation