Why wait for a special occasion to enjoy this turkey recipe when you can make it in just 90 minutes? Chef Stefano Faita offers a mouth-watering Italian-style turkey dish with savoury garlic parmesan potatoes that’ll have you wanting to indulge in more often. This dish combines perfectly cooked turkey, flavourful potatoes, and roasted carrots for a truly satisfying meal. Additionally, this recipe provides a simple way to ensure your turkey comes out juicy and extra crispy.
Roasted Carrots with Garlic and Parmesan Cheese
Italian-style spatchcock turkey method:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Spatchcock the turkey by cutting out the backbone and cracking the breastbone. Reserve the backbone and any trimmings you have for making turkey stock.
- Loosen the skin over the breast and flatten the butter in between the skin and breast meat. Mix together the herbs, lemon zest, and olive oil in a bowl. Rub the turkey all over with the herb mixture and let it rest for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Transfer turkey to a parchment lined sheet pan and roast in the oven, rotating occasionally, until an instant read thermometer reads 165°F, about 1hr 20 min. Carve and serve with pan juices.
Potatoes savoyarde method:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease an 9×13-inch baking dish with the butter.
- Place about 1⁄3 of the potato slices on the bottom of the dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add about 1⁄3 of the garlic, thyme, and cheese. Repeat to create three even layers.
- Carefully pour the hot stock along the edges of the baking dish. Avoid getting the cheese wet.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the cheese is golden brown.
Roasted carrots with garlic and parmesan cheese method:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place carrots, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and a teaspoon of thyme in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread the carrots on the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top, then continue to roast until the carrots are tender, about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with the remaining thyme sprinkled on top
For more recipes visit canadianturkey.ca
Join the conversation