Pasta is the ultimate comfort food — we know — but have you ever wondered how you can make this classic dish just a little bit healthier? With the answer to that question, chef Randy Feltis shows us how to prepare a delicious recipe for linguine topped with homemade rapini pesto and lemon-infused turkey meatballs.
Add to Pan
- Mix together the turkey, Tabasaco, Worcestershire sauce, garlic puree, lemon zest, parmigiano, and bread crumbs and roll out the meatballs. 1.5oz balls work best and this should yield about 12. Let them rest for about 10 mins before frying.
- Hand chop half of your Rapini, blend the remaining with all pesto ingredients.
- In a large saucepan (or 2 regular pans) on medium low heat, gently caramelize meatballs in olive oil and butter. Turning every couple minutes. Add garlic and chillies and toast. Deglaze with white wine cover and let the Turkey meatballs cook through.
- Cook pasta in large pot of salted water
- Add pesto and chopped rapini to pan, bring to a soft simmer. Add pasta and adjust consistency with pasta water.
- Take all ingredients to the plate and garnish with more parmigiano and fresh basil.
For more recipes visit canadianturkey.ca
Join the conversation