The night before
- Combine fish sauce, garlic, curry and sugar, to create marinade, in a large leak proof container. Stir well to combine.
- Sliver chicken adding to mixture. Stir all chicken to coat completely. Store in fridge and flip container occasionally.
When you arrive home… cook rice
- Trim lemongrass on both ends so that you are left with the bulb. Smash with a mallet to release it’s oils. Finely chop and set aside. Slice chili down the middle, remove seeds. Dice or sliver finely and set aside.
- Heat oil, at medium, in a large surface nonstick fry pan. Dice shallots adding to the pan as you cut.
- Add lemongrass and chilies. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add marinated chicken and increase heat to medium high. Toss until meat is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with sugar and add water. Toss slightly to glaze chicken.
- Serve immediately over rice.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts and slivered green onion.