Mack Daddy Sauce
1. MACK DADDY SAUCE: In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, French salad dressing, relish, onion, white vinegar, sugar and sea salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. BURGERS: Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush with oil. Cook burgers for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until heated through (or according to package instructions if different). Remove from heat and place in a medium bowl. Cover with a plate to keep warm.
3. Split each bun in half. Discard the two tops (or keep for another use) and use the bottoms as middle bun of the Mack Daddy burgers.
4. Place three bun layers, cut-side down, on the grill pan. Heat for 1 minute, until golden. Repeat with the remaining buns.
5. Spread 1/2 to 1 tbsp (7 to 15 mL) Mack Daddy sauce over the bottom piece of each bun. Add about 1 tsp (5 mL) minced onion, 2 tbsp (30 mL) lettuce, 1 cheese slice, 1 veggie burger and 3 pickle medallions. Top with the middle portion of the bun and spread with another 1/2 to 1 tbsp (7 to 15 mL) Mack Daddy sauce, 1 tsp (5 mL) minced onion, another 2 tbsp (30 mL) lettuce, 3 pickle medallions, second veggie burger and burger top. Repeat with second burger.
Join the conversation