Culinary nutritionist Trudy Stone teaches us how to make a delicious Mediterranean chicken. The perfect recipe for a flavourful dinner for you and your family!
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together grape tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, olives, spices and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Pat chicken dry and wrap it in plastic wrap and place on a cutting board.
- Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to gently flatten the chicken. (You can skip this but flattening tenderizes the meat, cuts cooking time and results in juicier, more evenly cooked chicken. If you skip, add 10 more minutes to the cooking time).
- Place in a glass baking dish or prepared baking sheet. Drizzle on the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and massage in a bit. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Pour vegetable mixture over chicken
- Bake for 20 minutes (or 30 minutes if not flattening chicken) until no longer pink inside or a thermometer reads 165F.
- Serve with a side salad, brown rice or with whole-grain pasta.
Join the conversation