- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 (about 2 Tbsp) sun dried tomatoes sliced thinly
- 1 - 540 ml/19 fl. oz can white kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 7 cups kale stalk removed and sliced thinly
- 4 cups farfalle or bow tie pasta
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 -4 Tbsp la bomba sauce
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp pesto
- 1 cup pasta water
- ¼ cup rated Parmesano Reggiano
1. Put a large pot on to boil.
2. Prep the garlic, onion, sun dried tomatoes, beans and kale.
3. When the pot comes to the boil, add pasta and start cooking. You’ve got 10 minutes.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil, garlic and onion, sauté for 1 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and the beans. Stir well. Add la bomba sauce and stir in well. Add kale and stir down, as it cooks it will shrink.
5. Dip a glass measuring cup into the pasta water, add about ½ of it to the kale and keep stirring.
6. When the pasta is almost cooked al dente, there should be some texture – its not supposed to be mushy, drain the pasta and add it to the kale. Stir in. Add pesto and stir in well. If it looks dry add the rest of the pasta water.
7. Divide equally between four pasta bowls, sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp of the cheese and drizzle with 1 Tbsp of the extra virgin olive oil. Serve.
Join the conversation