- Put a large pot on to boil.
- Slice onions in half and then into thin half moons, set aside.
- Mince garlic and set aside.
- Lightly rinse mushrooms or wipe with a paper towel, slice thinly.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add oil and onion and sauté onion for about 3-4 minutes or until they start to lightly brown. Add garlic and mushrooms and let cook until the mushrooms start to brown, stir and continue to brown the mushrooms.
- When the pot comes to the boil, add pasta and start cooking. You’ve got 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, keep browning the mushrooms.
- Dip a glass measuring cup into the pasta water and remove ½ cup of the pasta water, set aside.
- When the pasta is almost cooked to al dente, there should be some texture – it’s not supposed to be mushy, drain the pasta. Add to mushrooms and stir in. Add chicken, pasta water and cream and stir in well. Sprinkle in cheese, stir in, sprinkle in parsley and thyme, stirring in well. Remove from heat.
- Divide equally between four pasta bowls, sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp of the extra virgin olive oil. Serve.
Join the conversation