- 2 pork tenderloin trimmed and trussed for easy handling
- ½ bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup dry cranberries
- 2 medium onions julienne
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 6 oz. sherry wine
- 2 oz. sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 bunch sage leaves
- 1 tsp juniper berries
- 6 oz. chicken broth
- olive oil as needed
- butter as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a pan and line it with oil and a spoonful of butter, lay the pork in it and start searing, roll as it becomes golden to sear all sides.
- Add the garlic, sage, dry cranberries and the onions, cook until the tenderloin is done to your liking. Remove the tenderloin and wrap with tin foil.
- In the meantime continue to prepare the sauce, at medium heat add the fresh cranberries to the pan, add the sherry, sugar and the vinegar, cook it down by half.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce by half then return the pork to the pan and glaze it well with the sauce while reheating it.
- Slice and serve with a spoonful of sauce on it.
- Shredded sautéed cabbage is a great accompaniment to this dish as well as a refreshing Escarole salad
Join the conversation