Trying to find more foods to stay with the cozy fall warm spirit? Chef Micah Trainor shows us how to make a pumpkin risotto with Canadian mulled wine! This delicious dinner will be sure to leave your family wanting more…
CANADIAN MULLED WINE
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot on medium-low heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then turn the heat off.
- Strain and serve warm!
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Cut open the pumpkin, remove the seeds, and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Roast until tender (roughly 25-30 minutes)
- Heat chicken stock in a saucepan on high heat.
- In a large pan melt 2 tbsps butter and add shallots. Add rice and coat it with the butter and shallots for 1 minute.
- Pour in white wine and reduce by 1⁄2.
- Add 1 ladle of chicken stock and stir, every few minutes until almost cooked.
- With the last cup of chicken stock, blend roasted pumpkin (no skin)
- Add in pumpkin & stock mixture, 1 cup grated parmesan, and remaining butter. Finish cooking on low heat.
- Salt & pepper the risotto and taste to adjust.
Join the conversation