- 4 portions skinless salmon filet (5 oz each)
- 1 tbsp. grape seed oil
- 2 whole lemons (juiced)
- 1 cup white wine (recommend Peller Estates Sauvignon Blanc)
- 12 green beans
- 12 yellow beans
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 4 king oyster mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. ancho chili powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 12 red cherry tomatoes
- 12 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 whole shallots (finely sliced)
- Fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat the grape seed oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat. Season the salmon fillets with salt and ground pepper. Add to the pan and sear on one side for approximate one to two minutes. Once golden brown turn the salmon and then juice the lemons over the salmon, add the white wine and allow to continue cooking.
- In a bowl mix the ancho chili powder with a splash of olive oil. Cut the king oyster mushrooms in ahalf and roll around in the oil and spices. Place on a pre- heated grilled to cook.
- In a separate frying pan melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Chopped the beans into coins and gentle saute in the melted butter. When the beans are almost cooked add in the spinach and remove the pan from the heat. Season with salt pepper and set aside until ready to serve.
- Next cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place in a small pot, add the sliced shallots, basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Warm slightly and season with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to serve.
- When the Salmon is cooked through remove from the pan and set aside leaving the pan juices in the pan. Slowly whisk in the remaining butter into the pan to form a sauce. You might not need all the butter.
- Lastly to serve. On a large serving platter, pour the warm tomato salad. Spread it out the rim of the platter to make room down the center. In the center place sautéed spinach and beans. Top with the salmon and grilled mushrooms. Finally drizzle the lemon butter over the salmon and serve.
Join the conversation