- 2 medium (chopped into 1/2 inch chunks) red onions
- 8 cloves cut into halves garlic
- 4 (scrubbed well, cut into 1/2 inch chunks) carrots
- 2 (medium, scrubbed well, peel left on, cut into eighths) baking potatoes
- One-227g package cremini mushrooms
- 9 skinless, boneless (to save money buy with skin, bone in and remove at home. Save bones for Stock or soup, discard skin) chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/8 tsp table salt
Quick and easy to prepare, let your oven do the cooking.
- Make sure the rack is in the middle of the oven. Preheat to 375°F/190°C. Line 9×13-inch rimmed baking pan with wet parchment paper.
- Sprinkle: onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms into prepared pan, spreading them evenly in the pan.
- Place chicken in between the vegetables. Sprinkle the chicken with the dried thyme and sage (if using, feel free to use your favourite herbs and spices). Sprinkle the entire pan with pepper and salt.
- Roast for 45-55 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165°F) and the potatoes are cooked. Remove from oven and serve.
Protein 49 g
Carbohydrates 40 g
Fat 18.5 g
Fibre 5.4 g
Sodium 244 mg
Join the conversation