Holy chef! It’s all about the asparagus this season — and we love it. Chef Paul Lillakas is here to whip up a delicious spring inspired capellini recipe with asparagus in a white wine cream sauce. You better believe this dish is as good as it sounds.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and a generous pinch of salt. Cook, stirring frequently until mushrooms are browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add wine; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, whipping cream, salt and pepper. Bring a simmer; reduce to medium-low. Continue to cook, stirring often, until thick enough to coat back of spoon, about 13-15 minutes.
- Stir in cheese until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook capellini in salted water according to package directions.
- Add asparagus during final 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Add cooked capellini and asparagus to sauce and cook, stirring, until pasta is coated, about one more minute.
- Remove from heat. Thin with 1 tbsp of water at a time if needed. Serve immediately.
Join the conversation