- Using a heavy bottom pot sweat the onion and the squash in a little oil until golden and the squash is cooked and breaking up, add the rice and let toast a few minutes, then add the wine, let evaporate well and add two ladle full of stock.
- Simmer gently, stirring on occasion so to prevent sticking. It will take about eighteen minutes for this rice to cook.
- So! with your timer in sight add stock as required until ready. Risotto should be runny but not liquid.
- When the rice is cooked turn the fire off and add some butter and the cheese.
- Stir well and spoon on individual plates then top with the raw apples and a sprinkle of walnuts, serve immediately
Join the conversation