- 1 kg crab
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 long red chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated and peeled
- 1/3 cup rice wine or dry sherry
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp thai-style sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- fresh coriander sprigs for garnish
- Place large wok over high heat. When hot, add oil to wok. Add shallots, garlic, chili, and ginger and stir 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add crab pieces, including claws, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add rice wine and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, or until wine is reduced by half.
- In small bowl, stir vinegar, soy sauce, sweet chili, and sugar and drizzle over crabs. Cook, tossing frequently, for 2 minutes, or until crab meat is cooked through.
- Transfer crab pieces to serving platter and spoon sauce over.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
Join the conversation