- 2 12oz striplion steak trimmed
- 1/2 cup dry couscous
- 1/2 cup veggie stock
- 1/2 cup roasted peppers
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup oyster mushroom torn
- 1 green zucchini halved
- 1 yellow zucchini halved
- 4 1/4 inch thick shallots sliced
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 2 handfuls fresh mint
- 1/4 cup expensive butter
- Bring the stock up to a boil and pour over couscous. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Season steaks heavy with salt and pepper.
- In a super hot cast iron pan sear with a splash of olive oil. Crust should appear in 2 minutes then flip, crust other side for 2 minutes and remove pan from heat. Add red wine and butter. Remove steaks and slice.
- Season zucchini, shallots, and mushrooms with salt, pepper and a splash of olive oil.
- Sear in medium high heat cast iron pan. Caramelize for 2 minutes remove from heat and slice into bite size pieces.
- Toss all veggies into the couscous and add mint.
- Place on platter and top with carved steak. Drizzle with port butter and serve.
Join the conversation