chilli & smoked paprika oil
Summer Corn Chowder
1. In a sauce pot, heat oil and butter. Add leeks, shallots, thyme & tarragon. Add pinch of kosher salt. Sauté on medium heat until translucent.
2. Add fresh corn. Add pinch of kosher salt. Sauté until bright yellow (about 2-5 minutes).
3. Deglaze with white wine, chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. Add whipping cream, and reduce for 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning as required.
6. Blend in blender until smooth. Strain with sieve.
For jumbo prawns:
1. Heat water in high in a pot until boiling. Add salt.
2. Poach prawns in salt water for 2-4 minutes, or until pink throughout.
3. Set aside for service
For chilli & smoked paprika oil:
1. Place all ingredients in a small pot. On medium to low, heat oil for 5-10 minutes or until the oil is hot but not smoking. Set aside to cool.
Join the conversation