Cranberry Sweet & Sour Sauce
- To make the cranberry sweet & sour sauce, combine all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Set aside until meatballs have been browned.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil coating the pan evenly on the bottom. Once hot place meatballs just slightly spaced apart in the skillet and brown on one side for about 2 minutes. Do not overcrowd the pan. Depending on the size of your pan you may need to do these in 2 batches. Gently flip the meatballs and brown all remaining sides for about another 1 to 2 minutes each. They should be evenly browned up and slightly crispy on all sides.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan onto a baking sheet or large platter.
- Pour about ½ the sweet & sour sauce into the bottom of your skillet and place meatballs in the sauce slightly spaced apart. Then take a spoon or brush and coat the tops of the meatballs with sauce from the remaining amount. Leave about 2 tablespoons of sauce to coat just before serving once out of the oven.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, brush remaining sauce on meatballs and garnish with snipped chives. Serve with toothpicks and guests can take meatballs right out of the pan or scoop with spoons onto plates.
Join the conversation