There’s nothing like having a break in routine and ordering takeout every once in a while. Well, we have something even better. Chef Kareema Beckles shows how you can save money by making your takeout meal at home for half the cost!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 tsp kosher salt
- 1 sliced steak tomato
- 1/2 sliced red onion
- 1 head lettuce
- thousand island dressing
1. In a bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper and mix into the ground beef.
2. Preheat oven to 250F or griddle to 350F.
3. Line sheet pan with parchment paper. Take the seasoned ground beef and roll it in your hand to make a patty.
4. Place the burger patties on the sheet pan for the oven and bake for 10 minutes or on the griddle for 3 to 4 minutes on both sides. (you can cook them to your preference, i.e.: well done, medium well, medium)
5. Dress your Mini Slider Burgers with your favourite toppings. Chef Kareema Beckles chose Lettuce, Tomatoes, Red Onions and Thousand Island Dressing instead of Mayonnaise.
6. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
7. Place potatoes, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, cajun, salt, and pepper into a resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag, then shake until potatoes are evenly coated with seasoning. Spread potatoes onto a baking sheet.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Serve with Chipotle Sauce/Dip
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation