- Rinse rice in a fine sieve and add to a large microwave safe pot with water. Set to rice setting on microwave or cook at high 8 minutes and medium 8 minutes. (Or use rice cooker if you have one.)
- Heat oil in large nonstick fry pan or wok at med-high. Add garlic, pepper and dried chili flakes. Slice onion into strips and add to pan as you slice.
- Wash and cut mushrooms into quarters, adding to pan as you cut.
- Wash and cut broccoli into bite-size pieces, adding to pan as you cut.
- Wash and slice zucchini into long 1/2” thick sticks. Add to pan as you cut. Remove from heat and let stand.
- Cut tempeh and beef into thin strips. Sear tempeh first, in a different smaller nonstick fry pan.
- Remove and rest in bowl, then sear beef in the same pan. Set aside in different bowl.
- Combine tahini and dry-garlic sauce in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- Wash the tempeh/meat pan. Add part of the veggie mixture to that pan, depending on how many people will be eating vegan style.
- Pour tahini sauce over veggies in each pan. Bring heat up to medium until veggies are heated through and well coated. Then reduce to simmer.
- Add meat to original veggie pan. (You’ll know how to split it up depending how many are having beef and how many are having tempeh!)
Join the conversation