- 1 cup uncooked Quinoa rinsed
- 1 3/4 cup reduced-sodium Vegetable broth
- 1 cup quartered Grape tomatoes
- 1 cup no-salt-added, canned Black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup whole-kernel Corn grilled is nice!
- 1 cup diced Orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Green onions with white parts
- 1 small very finely minced Jalapeno pepper
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh Cilantro
- 1 medium Avocado diced
- Combine quinoa and vegetable broth in a medium pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until quinoa has absorbed all liquid and is tender (check package for exact cooking time). Be careful not to burn it! Remove from heat (leave lid on pot) and let stand for 10 minutes. Uncover and let cool completely.
- Transfer cooked and cooled quinoa to a large bowl. Add tomatoes, beans, corn, bell pepper, onions, jalapeno and cilantro. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour over salad. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Add diced avocados just before serving.
Per serving (1 cup): 212 calories, 8.3 g total fat (0.9 g saturated fat), 4.9 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, (6.8 g fibre, 3.3 g sugars), 0 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium
Recipe from Yum & Yummer cookbook.
Join the conversation