- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Half an onion finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 6 cups veggie or chicken stock
- 1 can (796mL) tomatoes diced
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1-2 cups broccoli chopped
- 2 cups roast chicken cubed
- Handful fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley, oregano)
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil to medium. Add onions and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes. Add dried Italian seasoning and sauté a few more minutes.
- Add celery and carrots, sauté for 5 more minutes. Next add soup stock. Let cook for 5 more minutes.
- Now add canned tomatoes and zucchini.
- Add 1 cup of water and quinoa. Cover soup pot with a lid and reduce temp to low. Cook until quinoa is fully cooked, about 15 minutes. Next, add roast chicken cubes.
- Add broccoli and fresh herbs and serve. Broccoli only takes a few minutes to cook which is why it should be added last. Enjoy with a Savoury Sweet Potato Biscuit!
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Join the conversation