1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Prep vegetables – Rinse wild ramps under cold running water, cut off tops and set aside for
pesto. Place bottom pieces in a bowl for the spring vegetable mix.
3. Peel carrots, leave whole and place in a bowl with wild ramps
4. Cut the root off the leeks and dice into 1-inch pieces, place in a colander and run under cold water to wash off excess dirt. Dry and place in bowl with ramps and carrots.
5. Dice wild garlic and add to vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Move to a sheet pan and set aside.
6. Cut the chicken through the breastbone and lay flat on a baking sheet.
7. To make the pesto, add wild ramp tops to a blender with pine nuts and maple syrup and puree until smooth.
8. Add pesto to top of chicken, coating generously and place in oven for 40-45 mins.
5. At the 25 minute mark, add vegetables to the oven and bake with chicken.
6. Remove from oven and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before cutting into 1/8th servings with roasted spring vegetables.
Join the conversation