Cocktails are never out of season, so why not treat yourself with one of these sugary sweet drinks? Food and drinks stylist Jason Skrobar shows us how to get the party started with a mouthwatering apple cider margarita, a zesty citrus sour, and a fresh last word. With these 3 simple recipes, we’re sure you’ll be sipping on something sweet in no time at all!
The last word
Apple Cider Margarita method:
- For the rim, add sugar, cinnamon and ginger to a plate and mix to combine. Rim a cocktail glass with a lime wedge and dip the edge of the glass in the sugar mixture, coating the edge of the glass. Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add lime juice, cider, tequila or mezcal and triple sec. Shake well and strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Garnish with apple slices or lime wedges. Enjoy!
Citrus Sour method:
- Add bourbon, citrus juices, simple syrup and egg white to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until frothy, about 30 seconds. Strain into a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Top with a few dashes of bitters and zest for garnish. Enjoy!
The Last Word method:
- Add all the liquid to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake well. Strain into a coupe.
- Garnish with a Maraschino cherry. Enjoy!
Join the conversation