Hot dogs on the grill are a sign that summer is on its way!
Chef Matt Dean Pettit shares the ultimate way to take your summer barbecue to the next level. From Detroit, to Chicago, to Toronto, level up your topping game with these 3 city-inspired hot dog toppings. Your classic hot dog will never be the same!
Detroit-inspired hot dog
- 4-6 uncooked hot dogs
- 4-6 hot dog buns
- 1 can cooked and heated chili (or make your own with a Cityline recipe!)
- 1 bottle yellow mustard
- 1/2 finely chopped white onion
Detroit-Inspired Hot Dog
- With a medium frying pan on the grill, add 1/2 cup of water over high heat on the grill, add hot dog, cover and steam for 2-3 minutes to cook.
- Take the fresh hot dog bun, add the steamed hot dog, top with hot chili, mustard, and lastly chopped white onion.
T-O Top Dog
- On a hot grill, cook the hot dogs for 2 minutes per side and remove from the grill.
- Cook the Peameal bacon, 2 minutes per side, and finely chop into small cubes.
- Take the fresh hot dog bun, add the grilled hot dog, top with chopped Peameal bacon, mustard, and maple syrup!
Chicago-Inspired Hot Dog
- On a hot grill, cook the hot dogs for 2 minutes per side.
- Take the fresh seeded bun and add in this order, the hot dog, mustard, relish, tomato slices, diced onions, pickle spear, pickled pepper, celery salt and enjoy!
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation