We love our sweets here at Cityline… but we can’t say no to these chickpea cookies! Packed with flavour and protein, we tried them and absolutely loved them. This is a great, healthier alternative to traditional cookies. Plus, kids adore them (Psst — try eating the dough raw!) and they’re super easy to make.
Thanks to Stephanie Manzinali’s help in the kitchen, you’ll just need a few simple ingredients to get started and have them ready in just under 30 minutes!
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Grab a high speed blender or food processor and add in your rinsed chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla and blend until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed. A few small lumps are okay, doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Next add in your baking powder & soda and blend again until just incorporated. You don’t want to over blend here as it will make your cookies super flat.
- Mix in some vegan chocolate chips then divide into cookies.
- Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes let cool slightly and enjoy!
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation