- Combine all ingredients for lemon dressing in a jar fitted with a lid and shake well to emulsify, set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat add 2 tsp grapeseed oil.
- Pat down the skin of the trout using a paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper. Add trout to the pan skin side down and press down gently with a spatula to ensure skin is fully in contact with pan. After 3-4 minutes when skin is crispy, flip filet onto flesh side and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes before removing the pan from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl add fennel, asparagus and desired amount of dressing, mix well.
- On a serving plate add salad, top with slivered almonds, dried cranberries and filet skin side up.
Join the conversation