- 3 beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes large, sliced
- 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 balls fresh mozzarella cut into slices
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup dill sprigs
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- good quality balsamic vinegar (see tip)
- Arrange tomatoes and cheese on platter or shallow bowl, alternating as you go and leaving a space in the centre. Sprinkle salt and pepper overtop of tomatoes and cheese. Toss herbs together and pile in centre. Spoon sundried tomatoes overtop of tomatoes and cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar just before serving.
Tip: When shopping for sweet, thick balsamic vinegar, ready for drizzling, look for the ingredient “cooked grape must” on the ingredients label.
Serving Tip: Serve with grilled Foccacia bread on the side.
Join the conversation