Are you in search for a restaurant-quality salad but don’t want to drop a big buck on it? Well, you’re in luck because home cook Julie Miguel is here to show you how you can create this delicious fennel and radicchio salad with gorgonzola and apples.
Of course, she also has a recipe on how to make your very own sweet balsamic dressing. Salad dressings can make or break your salad and with this recipe, you’ll find out why!
- 3 bulbs fennel
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 head white radicchio
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped walnuts
- 2 large apples
- 150 g (5 oz) gorgonzola cheese diced or crumbled
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp shallot minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make dressing, whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- To prepare salad, remove hard core of fennel bulb and thinly slice (reserve the fronds for garnish. Add to a large bowl.
- Trim radicchio and cut into bite-sized pieces; add to bowl.
- Peel and core apples and cut into thin slices; add to bowl.
- Add walnuts and gorgonzola to salad bowl.
- Pour dressing evenly over salad and mix well.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fennel fronds.
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation