For the Grilled Halloumi and Watermelon Sandwich:
- Preheat BBQ to high heat.
- Brush halloumi and watermelon with grapeseed oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear until golden brown on both sides, approximately 2-3 minutes.
For the Basil Pesto:
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor or blender and pulse until ingredients are incorporated.
- Then slowly drizzle in olive oil to emulsify. Beware not to blend too long to avoid heating the pesto.
- Lightly butter and carefully toast Hamburger Buns on the BBQ until golden brown.
- Brush both sides of buns with pesto.
- On the bottom bun, place halloumi slices and top with watermelon slices, then place top bun. Serve warm.
Join the conversation