Nothing says “warm weather is here” quite like burgers!
Chef Stefano Faita is here with a fresh new take on the burger that uses Italian sausage instead of ground beef. The great thing about using sausage as your burger patty is that it’s already seasoned and has the perfect amount of flavour per bite!
- 500g Italian sausage (mild or spicy) removed from casing and formed into 4 patties
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fennel
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- Combine vinegar, sugar, oil, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Add fennel and onion, tossing to combine.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan.
- Place sausage patties in pan and cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Top each patty with 1 slice of cheese; and continue cooking until cheese melts and burgers are cooked. Toast burger buns.
- Place sausage patty on burger bun and top with fennel slaw!
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation