Home cook Julie Miguel has the perfect salad for people who love a good sweet and spicy flavour to their salads. You can make this meal-sized jerk-spiced shrimp salad at home. Whether you want to meal prep it to go for those busy work days or create a big batch for parties, it’s the perfect salad for any occasion!
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups Iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups Spring mix
- 1 avocado pitted and chopped
- 1 cup Plantain chips
- 1 cup Toasted cashews chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red onion thinly sliced
- 1 mango dried
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 20 shrimp de-veined and shells removed
- 1 tsp Jerk seasoning (or 1/4 cup Jerk sauce)
Sweet and spicy mango dressing
- 1 cup mango
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp cilantro or basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If the dressing is too thick, you can add water to thin it out (try 1 teaspoon at a time, whisking after each).
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add the shrimp to the pan and sprinkle with jerk seasoning or sauce. Saute the shrimp until they are pink and opaque. Let the shrimp cool slightly.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients. Add the shrimp on top. Drizzle with the dressing and mix the salad making sure all of the ingredients are nicely coated in the dressing,
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation