Chef Trevor Lui has some unique recipes up his sleeve to use up that “next day” chicken sitting in your fridge. With some common ingredients, a few vegetables and one pan, you can put together these wraps in half an hour or less. This recipe serves 4, double it to serve more!
- 1 1/2 cup boneless leftover chicken meat
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced
- 2 stalks green onions julienned
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoot julienned
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- pinch sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce leaves intact
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 regular cucumber julienned
- Heat a sauté pan to medium high heat and add oil. Once oil is hot, add diced onion, carrots and bamboo shoots. Sauté and allow to lightly caramelize. Add chicken and bring to temperature while sautéing and combining all ingredients.
- Next, add soy sauce, sugar and season as preferred. Sauté all ingredients until fully cooked and combined. Add in julienned green onions then lightly toss and remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Add a dollop of hoisin to the centre of a lettuce leaf followed by two tablespoons of stir fry next. Garnish with cucumber and enjoy.
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation