- ½ cup dried red lentils
- 1 cup fresh shucked, frozen or canned corn niblets
- 1 cup fresh, frozen or canned peas
- 1 cup frozen shucked edamame
- 2 table spoons chopped cilantro
- 2 table spoons chopped curly parsley Micro greens or seasonal chopped herbs
- 1 table spoon of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 table spoon halved cashews or almond slivers
- (store bought Tikka Masala Sauce
- In a hot pan, coat with a little canola oil. Place defrosted vegan sausages in pan, searing all sides. Once seared, remove from pan. In a small stock pot, add tikka masala sauce and bring to a simmer. Add sausages to the sauce and let simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Boil red lentils until tender; drain, run under cold water, drain again. In a mixing bowl, add all other salad ingredients in. Fold in lentils last and lightly mix.
- In a separate bowl, add all dressing ingredients and mix thoroughly with a fork until blended well. Add dressing into salad bowl ingredients. Season with additional salt and pepper to personal taste. Place salad bowl in refrigerator.
- Turn off heat on small stock pot with tikka masala and sausage. In a large platter or bowl, plate salad. Remove sausage, draining excess tikka masala sauce and place on top of salad. Garnish with herbs, coconut and nuts.
Join the conversation