- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Season to taste with salt, mix again. Cover with plastic and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Divide into scallop shells, cups, or bowls, and serve at once with store-bought sweet potato chips or homemade Carnival Chips.
- Preheat a deep fryer with oil to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Fill a large bowl halfway with cold water and add 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sea salt. Using a mandolin, thinly slice the potatoes. Add to the salted water and soak for 5 minutes to remove some of the excess starch. Dry with paper towels.
- Place chips in the basket of the deep fryer and fry until crispy, about 3–5 minutes. Transfer to the baking sheet. Salt and serve at once.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Follow instructions in Step 2, then toss the chips in a bowl with about 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil.
- Transfer to the baking sheet lined with parchment and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake, turning occasionally, until crispy, about 20–25 minutes.
Join the conversation