Who doesn’t love shrimp tacos? This summer staple is great for quick dinners, or for impressing guests at your next summer barbecue.
Food and drink stylist Jason Skrobar shows how to make your own shrimp tacos at home with cajun-spiced shrimp, a refreshing lime cream, and citrusy coleslaw that are sure to impress!
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 large carrot grated
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/2 orange zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- kosher salt to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
Chipolte & lime cream
Makes 8 tacos
- Let’s make the coleslaw first to chill in the fridge while you prepare everything else. In a large mixing bowl, combine cabbages, carrots, onions, cilantro, and toss. In a separate small bowl, make the dressing. Whisk together lime zest and juice, orange zest and juice, oil, vinegar and mustards until well combined. Pour dressing over the coleslaw and mix until nicely coated. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to assemble.
- To make the chipotle and lime cream, place everything in a food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Lastly, we’ll prepare the shrimp. Add shrimp, paprika, cumin, garlic powder and salt in a medium bowl and gently toss to coat. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet and add the shrimp. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the shrimp have curled and are cooked through – about 2-3 minutes.
- To assemble, place a handful of the coleslaw on the tortillas, top with shrimp, a drizzle of chipotle and lime cream and a scattering of cotija and cilantro. Enjoy!
Join the conversation