- In a small mixing bowl, stir the herb mixture ingredients together. Season the inside of the pork belly and the pork loin with 1/2 tablespoon of coarse salt and black pepper, to taste. Wrap with the pork belly, herb mixture in, and tightly tie.
- Using the remaining salt, season the outside of the porchetta with the remaining salt & some black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 500˚F. When the oven is ready, roast the porchetta on a rack for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300˚F and cook for 1.5 – 2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the pork loin reaches 145 F.
- If needed, increase the oven to 500˚F and roast until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the roast from the oven and allow it to rest for at least 10 minute.
This can be used anywhere but some favourites are roast porchetta with grilled asparagus and rosemary potatoes, porchetta sandwich with summer slaw and provolone, porchetta breakfast tacos.
For best results leave in fridge unwrapped overnight by the fan.
Join the conversation