- 12 oz sliced mushrooms sauteed until browned
- 1 cup short grain rice cooked
- 12 oz chopped tempeh
- 1/4 cup quick cook oats dry
- 1 cup grated beets
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp (optional) red pepper flakes adds heat
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sweet, smoked paprika
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tbsp for cooking oil if desired
- Cook the rice and set aside one cup.
- Sauté the mushrooms until tender and browned.
- Coarsely chop the tempeh into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add all ingredients to large bowl food processor and process until mostly chopped, and incorporated, and the mix resembles “hamburger.”
- Divide into eight pieces (or more or less, depending on how large you want your burgers), and shape into patties.
- Sauté patties in a pan with optional oil and serve on buns with your choice of condiments.
Join the conversation