Do you like mac and cheese? Who doesn’t? It’s one of the most popular comfort foods. Plus, it can be done in a variety of ways. Stephanie Manzinali has an ooey gooey vegan version for us that you can do in just under 20 minutes!
Curious to learn how she makes her “cheese” sauce? Follow along.
- Roughly chop your potatoes and carrots into small pieces and boil for 10 minutes until soft. The smaller the pieces the faster they will cook! This will be your “cheese” sauce.
- Add your cooked veg into a blender along with the rest of your ingredients and blend until smooth!
- The secret to making these humble veggies taste like cheese is adding nutritional yeast – which is this yellow flakey stuff. It has a super cheesy flavour – you can even smell it. Add that in. Then add some lemon juice for acidity.
- Pour over pasta, add greens.
- Plate and finish to taste.
Join the conversation