- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) cream-style corn
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups chopped and cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (half and half 10%) cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1-2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
If gluten-free is important to you, make sure you use gluten-free chicken broth.
In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, celery and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
Add broth, potatoes, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add cream-style corn and peas and carrots. Simmer 5 more minutes. Stir in chopped chicken and mix well.
In a measuring cup, whisk together cream and cornstarch until smooth with no lumps. Add to chicken mixture in pot. Increase heat so the chowder comes to a gentle simmer and begins to thicken. Stir often. Add parsley and serve hot.
Join the conversation