Let’s give our lips some more care—especially during this upcoming dry season.
Making your own lip-balm is healthy, therapeutic, and a fun activity to do with your kids!
- In a double boiler bring the water to a boil and then reduce temperature to medium, slowly melt the beeswax.
- Then add cacao butter and coconut oil on medium heat.
- Once all ingredients are fully melted, add a few drops of your favourite essential oil.
- If you’re adding the tint, remove the mixture from the heat and vigorously stir in the colour. You may need to put it back on the heat if it starts to solidify.
- Pour liquid mixture into jars. Store at room temperature for up to 3 months.
- For the extra jars of lip balm, that aren’t being used, keep them in the fridge to stay fresh longer.
Join the conversation