These hearty Vegan Sloppy Joes are loaded with flavour, protein and fibre. Founder of the popular Instagram page @That.VeganBabe Stephanie Manzinali joins us to put together this delicious meal that can be done in just 15 minutes! Paired with a simple avocado coleslaw, this meal has just five steps with ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry.
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 can lentils
- 3/4 cup textured vegetable protein (soy granules)
- 400 grams passata or lightly seasoned tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- Sauté your onion until translucent then add in your garlic & cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook for 5-10 minutes at a gentle simmer over low-medium heat.
- While that is cooking add your avocado, maple syrup, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper to a bowl. Mash to form a dressing.
- Shred up your cabbage and carrot and mix it into the dressing.
- Assemble on a toasted bun and enjoy!
Join the conversation